Sulham House was apparently built in 1701 by Robert Mason, although the building expenses must have been too much for him as he mortgaged the property that same year and then sold it, in 1712, to Henry Wilder, whose family had lived at Nunhide Manor since at least 1602, probably since 1542. Major alterations and extensions were carried out by his grandson, Rev. John Wilder, during the minority of his nephew in 1838. The last of the Wilder owners, Mrs. Iris Moon, died in 2009. The house remains the residence of her family.
Sulham House is a private residence. The local village fete is held on its lawn each summer.
|© Nash Ford Publishing 2013. All Rights Reserved.|