The original classic house of 1770 was built for the Mount family and stood in its own landscaped park. It was burnt out in 1945. The present house which is smaller is unusual in having a five-bay pediment on both fronts and was built to replace the old house using the materials from it. The castellated stables are original.
Wasing Place is a private
residence, but can be seen from the churchyard.
|© Michael Ford 2002. All Rights Reserved.