Mill was a flour mill, built in 1884 by James Swallow Dodd for his sister's brother-in-law, Thomes Newton Dewe. Dodd was an architect from Goring, but his offices were in
Reading: at 147 Friar Street, the Forbury and then 2 Station Road. His most famous work (and one of his earliest) was
Burghfield Mill is private flats. This article first appeared as a post on our Royal Berkshire History + Face Book Page.
|© Nash Ford Publishing 2016. All Rights Reserved.|