Maps & Travels
Towns & Villages
Castles & Houses
Odds & Ends
What's Building No.8 used for?
- This building is medium sized.
- It is square.
- It is very plain.
- It has no windows.
- Inside, there are wooden tables
with lots of food, chopping boards and knives.
- The walls are entirely taken up
by huge great fireplaces with roaring fires.
- There are big pots and pans
hanging over the fires.
- The fires have big chimneys.
- It is very hot.
- The ceiling is like an upside
down funnel. There is a big open vent at the top.
are we and what went on here?